Spain & Portugal Real Food Adventure
Welcome to the Iberian Peninsula, home to some of the world's freshest seafood, finest wines and most flavourful local produce. On this 17-day trip across Northern Spain and Portugal, tingle your tastebuds as you eat and drink your way through cities and towns made famous by their cuisine. Hop from taperias to wine bars, learn how to cook authentic and delicious local meals, explore ancient wine cellars and fresh food markets and wander the fields of a farm before sitting down to a home-cooked meal. From sweet Portuguese tarts to savoury Spanish jamon, delight all your senses on this food-forward adventure.
- Barcelona - Cava or Vermouth tasting
- Barcelona - Santa Caterina Market Tour
- Barcelona - Catalan cooking demonstration and lunch
- Logrono - Tapas Crawl
- Laguardia - Wine cellar visit and tasting
- San Sebastian - Basque cooking class
- San Sebastian - Market tour
- Picos de Europa - Cocido Lebaniego dinner
- Potes - Market visit and brunch
- Arenas de Cabrales - Cheese tasting
- Oviedo - Asturian cider house visit and tasting
- Picos de Europa - National Park Visit
- Oviedo - Guided walk and market tour
- A Coruna - Fish market visit and seafood lunch
- Santiago de Compostela - City night walk
- Santiago de Compostela - Market visit and tasting tour
- Porto - City Tasting Tour
- Douro Valley - Wine Tasting & Lunch
- Coa Valley - Home-cooked dinner
- Alentejo - Farm cooking class
- Lisbon - Leader-led orientation walk
- Alentejo - Local producer visit and tasting
- Lisbon - Market tour with tastings
- Lisbon - Pasteis de Nata tasting in Belem
- Pick up some local recipes during a cooking classes in Barcelona, San Sebastian and at your farm stay in the rolling hills of the Alentejo region, whipping up regional specialties like pork with clams.
- Explore the Coa Valley, the centre of a rewilding project, and enjoy a night in a gorgeous historical guesthouse where you’ll join your hosts for a home-cooked meal of fresh, local produce.
- Tour the markets of Oviedo, Potes and A Coruna where stallholders will show you how to spot the most flavourful ingredients. After all, who knows where to find the freshest produce better than the locals?
- Sample the plates that make this region a true foodie's delight. Whether it’s tapas and paella, or regional specialty cheeses, pasteis de nata and tinned fish, your tongue and tummy will be happy you made the trip.
- Savour the vast range of delicious drops that Spain is known for, including cava, vermouth, wine and cider. Get up close and personal with their production methods, learn the traditional ways to drink them and sit back and enjoy a sip in the Spanish sunshine.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Open Arms. Donations help them safeguard the physical integrity and rights of migrant people in imminent danger who have fled their homes across the Mediterranean Sea
- Culinary and Cooking
As a responsible business, we've always been committed to being there for our travelers and the communities we visit. So, you can trust that when you travel with us, we won't just be there for you ...
|6||Bilbao / Picos de Europa National Park|
|9||La Coruna / Santiago de Compostela|
|10||Santiago de Compostela|
|13||Douro Valley - Coa Valley|